I know it’s rare that I post here being more of a technical head behind this whole thing..but just wanted to say: What a day!
Working with COM components in .NET is such a pain! I had been struggling a lot with the “ieframe.dll failed to register” and “PDF.OCX failed to register” errors which were coming up while trying to install the application I was working on. Finally I managed to figure out the solution to the problem (With the help of Google that is 🙂 ) . All I had to do was – change the “Register” property of the setup project to “vsdrfdonotregister”, and the error was not occurring while trying to install. I had a concern though, the application was not working properly on the development machine I was working on, but thankfully it worked on the machines I tried to install on.
Oh boy! I really don’t know what I would have done without Google 🙂