Potato Stew for Chappathis
Clove, Cinnamon, Cardamom – slight quantity just for a whiff
Green Chilly -5
Onion – 2
Potato – 2
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 dst spn
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chilly powder – 1dessert spoon
Pepper – 2 dessert spoons
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Chicken Masala – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Fry red chilly and mustard in a little oil. Add cardamom, cinnamon and clove.
- After a minute or so, add green chilly (cut in small pieces) and onion(sliced) . Stir fry until the onion turns slightly pink brown. Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the boiled and peeled potatoes to the mixture.
- Sprinkle the necessary spices (masala). Mix well. Pour a glass of water and allow the vegetables to absorb the spices.
- Add coconut milk (In India, one of the really good brand is Dabur Hommade Coconut Milk or Maggi Coconut Milk)
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour a tsp of oil in the end so as to prevent the curry from sticking onto the vessel and add curry leaves.